Sunday, October 30, 2005

DROPKICKED my ASS!

Well as I remember the story...My husband and I were having a joyous time in Milwaukee! We visited with a high school friend and his wife...shopped; ate; saw a movie; toured Harley Factory...Just plain ole good fun! So Monday night comes and it's time for the Dropkick Murphys concert. We get there and buy some merch listen to the openers have a couple beers...great fun. Opening acts all were form Boston. Darkbuster( The opening opening opening act) was really good awesome energy and fun to listen to...all in all I give them a thumbs up. Next was Lost City Angeles (the opening opening act) I saw this group as Warped (back stage even) They were really intense...a little hard for my taste and the lead singer seemed enthralled he was really forceful. By Gang Green (opening act) We had made it up to the front and were hanging on the the rail. Gang Green ROCKED!!! This group was a favorite during my highschool years so I was really Jumped to see them (Actually the lead singer is the only original...but they rocked) fought hard during this group to keep our place in front on fence. Finally DK's come on and its AWESOME!!! I was clinging to the front rail and ended up locking my knees to hold my place but it was worth it. They start to talk about the Fields of Atherney and I look at my husband and Tell him I am not felling so good...I only had 2 beers so that's not it...it was a bit warm but not enough to get you sick...I remember them start to sing the song and the next thing I remember is my husband trying to wake me up... I was locked to the rail and I had passed out! The DK's stage manager and Jim were trying to rouse me and walked me over the side of the club. I sat down and drank some water. Fun things I learned that night. 1) Don't lock knees and cut off all blood flow to your body...you will pass out! 2) When you pass out you loose all control of bodily functions...Read...I peed my pants (Just adding to the name on the blog)
After the concert I told Jim the last song I remember and he looks at me and said I was passed out for at least 2 songs...He didn't know because I was still standing on the rail!
So we mad the decision to go to Chicago to see them again in 2 weeks! I hope to hear the songs I missed plus all new opening acts! Big D and the Kids Table...Wahoo!

Out!

No comments: