Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Local Point of View

So I was on My Space looking for some new music to listen to and I ran across a local band called The Charter North. As it happens they were playing a local show on Saturday night at Peoria Pizza Works...Which I never knew had live shows at...its kinda interesting how each generation has its place to see tiny live shows...when I was in Highschool we saw a lot of show at Owens Center...yes the ice skating rink. They have these rooms in the back and we would listen to favorites like 7 seconds and caustic defiance. anyway so they are having a show at the pizza place. I decide to stop by to see what the local scene is like know. The space is really small which is to bad but the set up wasn't too bad. I arrived when a band was playing but I wouldn't be able to tell you their name because they never told us...so tip to new bands...let the audience know who you are every now and then. The charter north had a little merch stand going...I didn't see any other of the bands with merch...so after listening to the band I decided to pick up a CD...$3 not bad ...when I got home the only problem is that they had no liner notes or song names. I had to go on their myspace page and match up the songs...I still have one song without a name. so another note to new bands: make sure people know your songs if they are going to buy your CD. It's a bit hard to talk about a band and their songs saying things like...yeah that one song you know that goes like this...
anyway they are pretty good if you want to check them out.
Chowderhead!

No comments: