Friday, August 12, 2005

Price is right connection

So I feel like I must start with a little story to fill you in...We I was 3 we lived in L.A. and my Mom worked at a hair salon. They would take days off and go to The Price is Right (TPIR). One day my mom is called and gets to contestants row and wham makes it on stage. She is playing the piggy bank game. (Fill in numbers to win a faboulous gift...a medium oh I already have on of those gifts...or the piddily piggy bank.) Mom fills in the numbers to the piggy bank and gets all excited and is jumping up and down?!?! Bob says "I have never seen someone get excited over $9. 43. " Mom stops...looks at him and says "I thought it was $943.00." Poor Mom. With a great twist she made it to the showcase showdown. Let me interject with the fact that this was a big deal because back when this was happening they didn't spin the wheel...oh no they went by who had won the most from their trio. As you read earlier Mom was pretty down on the winnings ladder. But, The woman who had won a car didn't want to go to the showcase beacuse she didn't want to pay any more taxes if she won. (Another tidbit...you have to take all you winnings i.e. sports car , sweet...trip to exotic locale, yeah baby...jet ski, yeah...new furniture, sure okay...rocking chair,eh okay...year supply of ben gay, What?!? So it's all or none!) By lady number 1 stepping down mom was ready to step up to the showdown. Guess what... she won...yep brought home the loot. Motorhome, trips to Europe, Fur Coat( Obviously the 70's before Bob reminded you to get you pets spayed and neutered) dinning room table set...etc. Now by the time they aired the show we already picked up most of the loot. The program was on that night (Again remember 70's when they did a nighttime version of TPIR)...months after the taping...my brother and I are hiding our eyes when the showdown comes up. We were scarred my mom was going to lose and THEY would come and take all the prizes back. So this will start to explain my love of TV and other pop culture medias.
Asta!

No comments: