Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Curse of the Cubs!

So I know I will get a bunch of emails from everyone saying "What do you expect...it's the CUBS!" I just read the report that my boy D.Lee is on the disabled list with a fractured wrist for 3-6 months!!! I mean come on...we are finally playing fairly well... our division is really tough this year...hello our top 5 teams are over .500 (we only have 6 teams in our division). D was such an important part of our defense and offense. Here we just signed him to a multi year contract and I know he is going to be back and when he's healthy he gives 110%. I really hope he heals right and is able to recoup from this but man this sux! Who do you think is going to take his place...Todd Walker? I don't know he has really just been excelling at 2nd...although he is producing at the plate. John Mabry?...Well maybe Mabry but who can really fill D's shoes or glove for that matter. Maybe call up Sing? He did great in Spring Training. Which ever way this goes I just hope the team doesn't go into a slump because this year was starting out good. We are 1 of only 2 teams who hasn't lost a back to back game! Well I will still love my Cubbies and cheer em on like nothing else!

Let's score some runs!

1 comment:

_ said...

i KNOW! they make such a great comeback that last game and THIS happens. arrrr...well at least we still have the SUPER FAST SPEEDY pierre.

damn, that boy can RUN.