Friday, April 07, 2006

Score...Cubs 5 Cardinals 1

So we pulled it off...the Cubs actually won a home opener today...the game was soooo sweet. Matt M. was such an awesome outfielder. I actually saw a double play consisting of Matt catching a fly ball out by the warning track and hurling the ball into D. Lee on 1st base to get the runner out who was heading for 2nd. Essentially it was a 7-3 double play. Also D.Lee hit a homer in the 1st. If the wind wasn't coming in at 30+ MPH I can't even imagine where that ball would of landed! Let me now address the weather. When I get my pictures downloaded I will share the 1 with me BUNDLED up. I have never been to a colder sporting event. NEVER. Not even a Bears game in mid December. Let's just say I was happy it was a quick game and that we won! I also got to eat the best tacos for breakfast...Yummy in my tummy! Oh and of course an OLD STYLE at the Cubby Bear before the game.
GO CUBS GO...

1 comment:

_ said...

that awesome you got to see the game. it's funny to me to see the "tourists" at the home games who don't know about the lake effect. it doesn't matter if it's summer at wrigley, if the wind is blowing = WINTER. and i absolutely LOVE the cubby bear, it's a grwat bar. i hope the cubs humiliate the cardinals the next two games.