Sunday, June 04, 2006

Best BLT in Town!

So we went to my friend Roxy's house for a BBQ last Saturday night...It was her b-day! Then we thought it would be a good idea to go sing karaoke...Which in the morning we realized we must of screamed karaoke because we all had tore up throats.





Basketcase cracks me up when I am drunk. Lee Hall (from the news) was there signing and I took a pic of him and he looks like Will Ferrell. See below!


And crazy Mary at the bar...Always good for some entertainment! Then Roxy's friend Diane wanted to go dance so they were going to club Reign. So not my place to go but I wanted to make sure Roxy was getting home safe. Jim and I went but only stayed for about an hour...Actually we hung in TomCats and played the jukebox...1 of my favorite things to do is play songs that no one at that particular bar knows...So I filled the the jukebox with Dropkick...Social Distortion...Horrorpops...y'get the picture! Oh yeah back to the super long story on how I got to eat the best BLT in town. Roxy and friends were doing fine and they had a responsible DD set up so Jim and I headed off home...Or so we thought! Hey lets go to Sullivan's for a bite I said! So off we went...Sat down by the grill and were told they were only doing cheese fries at this time. (it was about 3am) Wanted a little more than cheese fries so I luckily used my charm to persuade the wonderful bartender Nate to cook up a burger for Jim and a BLT for me! As we were waiting for our food this girl starts going off on Nate about how long it has taken for her burger to get done! I am talking wacky crazy bitch going off! Her poor little boyfriend was out of his league with this girl! Even as they got their burgers and were eating she was still bitching to her boyfriend about how unacceptable it was to wait so long for her burger! Needless to say "Nate...You make a mean BLT...2 pieces of Texas toast grilled perfect...(although the toast cut the shit out of my mouth...But still worth it) 4 pieces of thick sliced bacon...Fresh iceberg lettuce and freshly slices tomatoes...Nicely done! So for your BLT experience you must go to Sullivan's on Main! (If I had my camera I would of taken of picture of how yummy it looked!)

As an added note...I have heard first hand about some disturbing attacks happening down by Sullivan's so for anyone going out downtown PLEASE use the buddy system! In the last 2 weeks there has been 8 reported rape or attempted rape attacks! That is all that was reported and at OSF for that matter! Please be careful and tell everyone you know! NO walking around downtown by yourself!

this PSA is over...Thank you for your time!

Chowderhead!

No comments: