Saturday, November 25, 2006

Wednesday night Dull Drums!

Okay so I don't know if all of you all know but Wednesday Night before Thanksgiving is supposed to be the biggest bar night in the year. Well, I was all excited to go out...You don't have to get up early on Thurs. and you get to see tons of people in from out of town...I was generally excited. So after work I go home and take a nap...I know this way I can stay out later...with the alien growing inside of me I tend to want to go to be at 8:30 pm. (I know it's not very rock star!!!) I get up from my nap and get all cutesied up and off I go to meet friends and Recovery Room to start. Very good crowd at RR...chatted...talked...off to Johnny Vig's. Let me just say I am not a fan of this bar but we had to make a pit stop to meet my friends husband and boyfriend. Just to clarify those were 2 separate friends! 1st of all it was packed...Rachel's Hippo was playing(Great Band for covers) but it was $3 to get in...WHATEVER...then I order a fruit juice and club soda since I am unable to enjoy the adult beverage and they charges me $3.50 for this little dinky glass. More reasons for me to dislike this bar. Thankfully we leave and head on downtown. 1st stop Sullivan's. We sat at the bar and had a drink. Only about 15 or so people in this bar. BTW They only charged me $1 for my drink mix and it was in a large glass. So we go to 4 play next as a friend sent a text that he was there. We pay our $7 cover and low and behold no one is there. I would say in the whole 4 bars there might of been 100 people. To add to it our friend who was supposed to be there was already gone. So we think "Well maybe we should try ICONS down at InPlay. Let me just tell you this placed SUCKED!! There was actually a person break dancing on the dance floor. It's kinda crazy but the look of it reminded me of a teen dance club we had in Peoria when I was a teen called Stage 2. Not when it was by Landmark but when it was off of Willow Knolls. (It was called Confetti's at one time also) We didn't stay to long and finally decided to go to Sully's. Man this bar is under new ownership but it doesn't change. Oh except for the cover charge. They used to have a sign up that said..."You can always party for free at Sully's" Not anymore. This also brought back fine memories of being not so legal and coming up with every imaginable scenario for getting in this bar. Well we did hang at the bar and enjoyed the night but it was fairly un eventful.

So my question is...
Where does everyone my age hang out now?
I don't think it's downtown...I felt very old.
Is it Up town... say at Bar Louie?
Which you can just keep because I have yet to go there and not have horrible service and waited forever for my food and or drink. It's just not my place. To much "Keeping up with the Jones!" going on for my liking.
I should of just stayed tried and true and gone to my neighborhood stomps...Whitey's...Sports Page...and Castle's Patio Inn.
With my age I should know better.

See ya!

1 comment:

_ said...

i remember stage 2. i was too young to go there but from what i remember, it was the only club anyone ever talked about.

i'm thinking the same thing, where do people my age (29) hang? still at kouri's and goodfellas in pekin unfortunately....but i used to go there when i was 21-24...it's just different now.

although i will say bar louie is awesome, it reminded me of a lot of the one in chicago.