Friday, December 08, 2006

The Boys are Back in Town!

Well not literally but y'know I was amped up last year when Jody Davis signed on as Manager of our single A Peoria Chiefs. He did a great job and it gave us (As season Ticket holders) an amazing ability to be close to an American legend! Having seats on the 3rd base side it was awesome because Jody always worked as 3rd base coach. He did an awesome job which is why he was promoted up to Florida. Sad as it is to lose Jody Davis to a higher league...I was FLOORED of course to learn that Ryne (HOF) Sanberg was coming in to take over the Newly opened managers position! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Jim and I and friends were lucky enough to be at the game LAST August when they retired his number at Wrigley Field. Front and center in the Bleachers...What an amazing day at Wrigley. So of course my season tickets are renewed for this year...my hope is Ryne decides to work 3rd base like Jody. Oh... these are the reasons I can make it through the winter. Only 3 months to Spring training and 4 months to Opening Day.
Obviously I didn't quite plan this pregnancy just right as I won't be able to go to opening day. I am however still taking the day off work and watching the game on TV. I'll wait out my time by watching the Bears squeak out some wins and by the grace of god try to make it to the Superbowl. If our defense keeps getting hurt our offense is going to HAVE to start scoring more points to win. Hopefully Rex can step up his play. Monday night here we come...Bring on the Rams!

LOVE and other sports scores!

No comments: