Monday, April 09, 2007

Opening Day!

Okay so it's Monday April 9th and the Cubs are having their home opener today at 1:20. It's weird in a couple ways this year! 1) I won't be at Wrigley...Since I am about ready to pop I unfortunately can not be there. But don't worry I took the day off work and I am going to bundle up and open my windows and watch it on TV! 2) It's on a Monday which is just weird. They usually open on a Friday but Monday it is.

Cubs VS Astros...Well the good thing is Houston plays in a dome and hopefully will wilt under the icebox like conditions at Wrigley...
On a side note...The Chicago White Sox cancelled a game because of the...COLD? Seriously could they be more wimpy. Just because you are on the South side it doesn't mean it is going to be warmer!

Also in our help for a win on opening day? The Astro have been SUCKY!!! Which unfortunately as a Cubs fan means they will beat us!
We do have Ted Lilly on the mound which hopefully will be a good thing...his last outing was astounding so lets keep the good times rolling!

Right now we are tied for 3rd with Milwaukee 3-3.

In the words of Harry Carrey "Let's score some runs!"
I didn't know how to type out drunken slurs or I would of posted those!

1 comment:

_ said...

and you'd think I'D know some drunken slurs.

wait, i think all i said was "i fucking hate the cardinals fans...."

you'd think after all the rain and stuff they go through, no one team would cancel cause of the cold. um, wear layers guys.