Friday, August 04, 2006

Why am I so Obsessed?

So this funny thing happens to me...and maybe any couch head doctors out there can explain it to me...now, I don't want to be cured...I just want to understand.

The situation:
I will be fine and dandy with my life and not be inclined to be obsessed about anyone in particular. Y'see I see movies all the time and watch tons of TV...Which by the way I watched the finals of World Series of Pop Culture last night and all I have to say is I, yes I, should of been on that show(R U with me Angie? Roxy? Greg? Dave?). The final 2 teams didn't even know simple run of the mill answers. 1 tie breaker was listing albums by U2...2 of them couldn't even name 4. I will give props to the 1 girl who knew the name of the ghostbusters car.(Ecto 1)...So back to the 1st problem..."Can you see my obsession problem yet?" as I am inundated with all this multi media I can go by fine just enjoying ... But every now and then I will get a freak obsession with a famous person. Actors I might never of looked at twice all of a sudden hit me with a ton of bricks. Now I have things I have loved from the start of time...Nic Cage...Tommy Lee Jones...Brendan Fraser...Cubs...Mike Ness...but this is different.

Case in Point:

1) Janelle from BB
I am not your normal "Let's hear it for the Buxom Blond!" For some reason when Janelle was on BB6 I was totally 4 her. 100 %. I would vote for viewers choice for her and wanted her to win like nothing else.

2)Hugh Jackman
I never even gave this X-Man another look...wasn't even sure what movies (other than X-Men)that he had been in. 1 time when I was in NYC and went and saw a play called "The Boy from OZ" Hugh played the lead and I was hooked from the 1st time he walked out on stage. I truly went home from NYC and watched every movie he was in. Tivoed his name on Wish list and even tivoed his London stage performace in Oklahoma on PBS.

3) Jake Gyllenhaal
Now I saw Bubble boy and Good Girl but he just never did it for me ...I didn't even know how to pronounce his last name. Then I saw Jarhead...OMG this boy was so hot I couldn't help it...I look for him on talk shows and he is always in US weekly and I can't get enough of him. Okay and I won't even talk about his performance in Brokeback Mountain.

Now the newest one...this just happened last night. We went and saw Miami Vice...I know you would of never seen this coming...I wasn't either...I actually detest this actor in his life and work...I have never been a big fan of his at all....I never thought his acting was that great and his personal life didn't rev my engines either...but seeing him in Miami Vice...the sexual chemistry with Li Gong was awesome and unfortunately to my own disdain....I am infatuated with Colin Farrell.
I can't believe I am going to go out and rent Minority report and Brand New World...I am so upset that I now love Colin Farrell.

So if anyone has any advice or understands my weird obsession with my out of the norm actors...Just let me know!

Till later,

I LOVE COLIN!!!

2 comments:

_ said...

i LOVE World Series of Pop Culture! hell, if you need another i'll go on the show. i keep saying as i watch it "amn! i KNOW that one!"

i'm the same way with obesseions...now that star wars seems to be complte (MAY be), that one has sort of faded....but hell, while superman is big again, i've redisovered the superman mythos...and Smallville has 6 seasons for me to catch up on.

Anonymous said...

I'm right with you on WSOPC. What would our name be? Two for Flinchin'?

My new obsession? Gilmore Girls-can't get enough and the marathon yesterday was awesome. Now I'm going to have to buy all the seasons since I'm now watching episodes with Rory at Yale.

You're not alone with the strange obsessions.