Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Wild Flippin Weekend...

Okay so this weekend was packed full of fun...
This should be 3 separate posts but I am just going to steam roll thru the sucker and knock it out! Sorry for all you ADHD readers you might not make it all the way thru!

Friday Night!
5:30pm Did hair for the local production for Grease at Peoria Players

6:30- 9pm Took Shawn (Stepson) & Will (nephew) to the Chiefs game...Kerry Wood bobblehead night!

10:00pm Jim (husband), Shawn & myself went to the Pekin movie theater to see the 10:30 show of Talladega Nights starring Will Ferrell...Sadly it was sold out...So we chose to see The Descent. OMFG!!! This is 1 of the scariest movies I have ever seen! I highly recommend it if you like horror movies.

Saturday
We (See above K, J & S) drove to Chicago for a concert that night. We left P-Town at about noon. Our thought was to go up a bit early do a little shopping at Urban Outfitters...I know it's so corporate but I can't help it I love this store. Go grab some dinner and head to the concert. Well let me tell you about the traffic in Chicago. We were getting into town about 3ish. Does anyone else know what was going on in Chicago on this wonderful Saturday? Do ya...Do ya? Well let me tell you!

Lollapalloza in Grant park
(Which has become soooo Corporate it's not even funny! They had stages named after everything...The Tampax Stage...Preparation H Stage...Whatever I am so over it!)

Buffett at Tinley Park
Check my friends Angie's blog and she will tell you all about it http://sharkgirl22.blogpeoria.com/

Cubs game at Wrigley Field
Cubs beat Pittsburgh by the way

Tall Ships on Lake Michigan
I would of loved to see this but their was no way we were getting even close to Lake Shore Drive!

So as we are driving in we had to take LSD north slightly into the hood and back track and finally we were going the right way.
We showed up on oak and rush but parking was not even an option anywhere on the street! So we payed $12 to park for an hour and do some power shopping at UO. This place was soooo busy that their was a line to leave out of the revolving door! It was psycho! So then we were off to try to go eat at Leona's which is off of Belmont by the Vic...just down from Wrigley Field...Thankfully we made it and found a parking space. We ate some yummy food at Leona's and then we were off to the concert...just down on Belmont about 10 blocks. Parking not as easy now so we park about 3 blocks from The Beat Kitchen.
As we were walking into the Beat Kitchen...Mike McColgan(lead singer of Street Dogs...Former lead singer of Dropkick Murphy's) was walking in right behind us. Cool.
So we get in and the Vacancies from Cleveland are playing...Young group but a lot of energy!
Then the Street dogs came on...We were right at the stage...This show was off the hook! Mike is so amazing on stage. I was able to get a pic and a set list so I was happy... I also met Mike and got to tell him how awesome the show was.
After Street Dogs played then it was The Adolescents...Great heard core punk band from the 80's.
the Beat Kitchen has 2 shows on the weekends...So this show had to be over by 9pm.
I know I am old when I actually get excited about the show not being to late. We had to drive home and Jim had to work the Sunday morning so I as stoked to be getting home earlier...DUM...DUM...Dum.
I should of known better.
It took forever to get on 55...once on 55 we get stuck in about an hours worth of traffic when 3 lanes went into 1 by 355.
Then we got stuck into another traffic Bumble F%*# for about 40 min. By Boilingbrook when an accident made everyone stop and look and in turn start a traffic jam!
We finally get home at 1am!

Sunday
10:30 had to work

12:00 Did hair for Grease again

1:30 Friends house for a party

6:00 Went to the Merle Haggard concert (PCC Theater)

Okay so I can't finish the weekend...This will have to be part 1.
I will start the next blog with the whole Merle experience! Then I will finish with Monday because it's a whole experience to add to the weekend!

chat with y'all soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Krisser...

What'd ya think of Haggard?

_ said...

thats so funny, you were in chi-town when i was! i wanted to hop over to Lollapalloza SOOO bad after the game, but i was afraid i'd have to take out a loan to go.

yea, there WAS a lot of crap going on in the city that weekend...trafiic (and the hotels) were murder