Friday, February 22, 2008

The Good ...The Bad...and the Ugly

Well I can tell you I looked like a deflated balloon from the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. At about 10:45 opening day was sold out! Then I watched without any control as the 1st St. Louis game I wanted sells out. I finally get thru on the phone and am trying to navigate the virtual reality "Laura" to understand the tickets I want and as I am saying things over and over while "Laura" keeps saying..."I'm sorry I didn't get that could you repeat how many tickets you wanted" 2 more St. Louis games sell out. I finally get transferred to a real person and I think she had about 10 minutes of training before she answered the phone. I do get my 5th choice of game and it takes almost 20 minutes to finish my transaction. With blunder after blunder I can't believe I finally finish the purchase. Sandra the incompetent ticket sales women tries to charge me for Fed Ev at 19$ a pop to send my bleacher seat tickets to me. I explain that I have to pick bleacher seats up from will call so I don't need the shipping. Then she charges me for 3 tickets instead of 2. Finally she is going to hang up before she gives me my confirmation number which you have to have to pick up your tickets at will call. I finally ask for a supervisor to make sure my transaction went thru! After that I did get thru a couple of more times and I do get picked up on the Internet once. So my list of games is as follows:

5/26 Dodgers
8/3 Pirates
8/24 Nationals
9/1 Astros

All games are bleachers.

I'll post later about my disgust about tickets on eBay 10 minutes after they go on sale!!!
Also my ideas on trying to find reasonable priced tickets for opening day!

let's pray to the baseball gods for help!

No comments: